Here at Tubber N.S, we have put a list of websites for both parents and children to enjoy and to assist the children in their learning. We have divided the websites into the different curricular areas to make it easy. So whether you fancy challenging your child to a tables test or finding something creative for them to do on a rainy day, we hope you find something both you and the kids enjoy!!
- http://www.coolmath.com – a great website full of fun maths activities and games for the children to enjoy and test themselves!
- http://www.mathsisfun.com – a fun website full of games encompassing all the maths strands!
- http://www.mathszone.co.uk – a nice website with Maths games covering all topics.
- http://www.mathsmaster.org – excellent Maths videos explaining each topic.
- http://www.sums.co.uk – great website for shape and space and number activities.
- http://ie.ixl.com/math/ – maths link to the Irish curriculum from Junior Infants to secondary school.
- https://hwb.wales.gov.uk/cms/hwbcontent/Shared%20Documents/vtc/building_game/eng/Introduction/MainSession.htm – nice website for finding pattern (Junior and Senior Infants)
- https://hwb.wales.goc.uk/cms/hwbcontent/Shared%20Documents/vtc/simple_patterns/eng/Introduction/StarterActivity.htm – an informative website for describing pattern (Junior and Senior Infants)
- http://www.crickweb.co.uk/Early-Years.html#train – a website for copying patterns (Junior and Senior Infants)
- http://cdn.channel.aol.com/_media/ch_games/rhymebot.swf – (Rhyme Bot) a website to help children with rhyming words.
- http://mrnussbaum.com/letters/LetterRecognition.swf – (Letters) a simple website to help find and recognise letters (Junior and Senior Infants)
- http://media.abcya.com/games/alphabet/flash/alphabet.swf – (Alphabetical Order) a website which helps the children put letters in alphabetical order (Junior and Senior Infants)
- http://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/PicniconPluto.html – (Picnic on Pluto Phonics) a lovely website which shows both real and nonsense words for the children to look at (Junior and Senior Infants)
- http://www.letters-and-sounds.com/phase-2-games.html – (Ladybird Lander) a nice website for forming words
- http://Jolly Phonics – a great website to learn the letter names and sounds
- http://www.ictgames.com/dinosaurEggs/index.html – (High Frequency Words) a website which contains words which children will see often when they are reading
- http://www.ictgames.com/machine.html – a website which helps the children to learn about consonant vowel consonant words
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCjJYB07aSU – sing along with the children to these Jolly Phonics songs
- http://www.rewardinglearning.com/dreimire/ – interactive website with good irish games, stories, activities and pronounciations.
- http://www.teachnet.ie/clane/2008/ – has songs/ poems on different themes as well as IWB downloads, powerpoints worksheets and kids games for all levels
- http://www.focal.ie – Online Irish/English dictionary
- http://www.seomraranga.com – Irish resources site
- http://www.beo.ie/ – monthly Irish magazine published online
- http://www.isfeidirliom.ie – excellent website for people of any age to try to improve their irish or to learn a “cúpla focail”
- http://www.primaryscience.ie/ – primary science in Ireland
- http://www.nationalgeographic.com/ – National Geographic
- http://www.askaboutireland.ie/ – History and Environmental site for Ireland
- http://www.exploratorium.edu/ – San Francisco Museum (Fun Science)
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/interactive/ – BBc history resources
- http://www.nationalarchives.ie – National Archives of Ireland website
- http://www.kids-science-experiments.com/index.html Kids science experiments (fun!)
- http://www.timeforkids.com/ – covers most major countries and continents with fact sheets, quizzes and worksheets at all age levels
- http://www.kinderart.com/ – great art ideas for kids
- http://www.iamanartist.ie/ – art ideas linked to the Irish curriculum
- http://www.funart4kids.blogspot.com/ – art projects
- http://www.fingertipstv.com/ – make and do with videos
- http://www.dltk-kids.com/ – art printables
- http://www.crayola.com/ – Crayola art ideas
- http://www.artsonthemove.co.uk/ – drama ideas for children
- http://www.outoftheark.co.uk/ – Plays and Music Resources for Drama
- http://www.creatingmusic.com – games, listen/learn about, play and create music (all ages)
- http://www.sfskids.org/ – learn all about the instruments of the orchestra. Listen to the sounds of the different instrument and create a tune